Robbin Williams’ Top 10 Reasons
To Be An Episcopalian
Robin Williams, the late comedian and actor, was a life-long Episcopalian. In a 2002 HBO special, he light-heartedly listed his top 10 reasons for being an Episcopalian.
10. No snake handling.
9. You can believe in dinosaurs.
8. Male and female, God created them; male and female, we ordain them.
7. You don’t have to check your brains at the door.
6. Pew aerobics.
5. Church year is color-coded.
4. Free wine on Sunday.
3. All of the pageantry, none of the guilt.
2. You don’t have to know how to swim to get baptized.
1. No matter what you believe, there’s bound to be at least one other Episcopalian who agrees with you.