On Saturday, November 5th at 11 a.m., an historic marker was unveiled at All Saints’ Cemetery by the Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR). Prior to the ceremony, at 9:30 am, an All Saints’ Episcopal Church history tour will was provided.
The historic marker was placed in front of the white building at the base of the hill, across from the flagpole. It will provide insights to passersby into the history of our cemetery, which dates back to 1889. All Saints’ Cemetery is the third site in the Diocese of Southeast Florida to be awarded a DAR historic marker and will join the more than 200 hundred historic sites marked throughout Florida alone.
All Saints’ Cemetery is located off NE Dixie Highway and NE Seaview Drive in Jensen Beach, Fla., adjacent to All Saints’ Episcopal Church and facing the beautiful Indian River Lagoon. The cemetery is an independent, not-for-profit corporation that is operated separately from the church. However, by charter, its members and Board of Directors must be members of All Saints’ Episcopal Church, and the two organizations work closely together.
The DAR has three goals – Patriotism, Education, Historic Preservation. This apolitical, international 503(c) organization is a women’s service organization that provided in excess of 125,000 volunteer hours to organizations around the world last year alone.